Spring 2023 Nursing Award Recipient: Temitope Adetunji, LVN

NurseRegistry is thrilled to announce that Temitope Adetunji, LVN is the Spring 2023 Recipient of the coveted Melissa A. Fischer Nursing Award

Let’s discover a little bit about Temitope, what she loves about NurseRegistry and her passion for nursing.

Temitope’s Journey in Nursing

What made you choose nursing?

I chose a nursing career so that I can meet people’s physical and emotional needs.

 

What obstacles have you overcome?

A lot of discouragement from people around me [in my RN program]. Some said there was no need for that. Some said the financial involvement did not justify the certificate.

But I kept to my dream. I didn’t entertain any of those negative comments. Today, I have graduated and am preparing for my NCLEX exams.

 

What is your day-to-day like?

My day-to-day activities are also part of my monthly plan.

The monthly plan is also from what I have set out to achieve in the whole year as a whole. Currently, there are 3 things that make up my day.

  1. Having sessions toward my exam prep
  2. Motherly duties
  3. Work duty

However, these are not in any particular order.

 

What is your favorite memory in your career?

The day I wore my first uniform as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant).

That was the day I said to myself that the highest degree in nursing is achievable for anybody, including me. As long as one is willing to work hard and pay the price.

 

What is a surprising or unexpected skill you have learned through a nursing career?

This happened just recently. A patient was on an Orthodontic Airway Plate. I had to manage her for a minimum of at least 8 weeks.

Before then I had no experience managing such a case. So I had to go back to my library, visit a number of digital materials, and also have sessions with senior experienced nurses on such cases.

This was a bit demanding as I had to go out of my way to ensure I recorded an outstanding rating. It was a bit tasking but eventually, God was on my side.

Now I can say it is one of my high points recorded in this profession.

 

Do you have a favorite part or activity regarding nursing?

Pediatric nursing. Maybe because I am also a mother, but it is an aspect I think I can never get tired of.

Caring for children to me is more than a job. It is a service to humanity. Imagine caring for a child who now grows up to be a Nurse in the future. The excitement is indescribable.

 

Nursing Insight from Temitope

What is something about nursing that the average person wouldn’t know?

It’s all about trust and respect.

In my years of experience as a medic, I have come to realize that you need to earn patients’ trust and respect.

These two things are key. Trust in the sense that when you tell them issues about their health, this must be nothing but the absolute truth.

This is what in turn makes them tell you more about their health. Nurses must be mindful when it comes to relating with them and conducting themselves appropriately when in their homes or personal spaces.

 

What advice would you give to those looking into nursing as a career?

A career in nursing is the way to go. It is a profession that will continue to be relevant as long as human beings are alive.

In fact, the recent global pandemic has said it all. During this period, all professions were at risk but nurses instead had more jobs on their hands.

And also, it is a job that requires you to be compassionate, loving, and caring. These qualities are a must for you to have if you must excel in nursing as a career.

 

Is there anything you wish you knew before you became a nurse?

In nursing, learning is a continuous process. And as an independent nurse, you are not an island of knowledge.

Although, I will say that school programs and clinical experience are very important. They help a lot, but they are not sufficient.

So my goal is to jump at every opportunity that will help me deepen my knowledge in this chosen career.

 

Working with NurseRegistry

What brought you to NurseRegistry?

While training as a nurse, I wanted a job that would expose me to various patients with different cases.

NurseRegistry has continued to challenge me to always ensure I put out my best at all times in terms of knowledge and service delivery. Moving around and knowing different places was also what I desired.

These were the missing links in my earlier jobs, which NurseRegistry has now solved for me.

 

What do you like most about working with NurseRegistry?

The culture is amazing. It is a place that encourages equal opportunity for all, irrespective of race and color.

 

Beyond the Scrubs

What keeps you motivated?

The God factor. He blesses the work of human beings and prayers are also an important motivation for me. Also, the fact that my job is flexible is amazing. My family also is a big source of motivation for me.

 

What hobbies do you have outside of your nursing career?

I spend time with my family and play tennis. I love Serena Williams so much.

I also indulge a lot in church activities.

 

At NurseRegistry, we are so incredibly proud of the nurses we work with and are thrilled to be able to highlight them, their accomplishments, and their story.

We will announce the winner of the Summer 2023 Melissa A. Fischer Nursing Award in the upcoming months, but in the meantime, feel free to discover some of our previous winners:

Winter 2022: Thomas Derr, LVN

Fall 2022: Fermin Abac, LVN

Summer 2022: May Antoniette Cruz, RN

The post Spring 2023 Nursing Award Recipient: Temitope Adetunji, LVN appeared first on NurseRegistry.

The post Spring 2023 Nursing Award Recipient: Temitope Adetunji, LVN appeared first on NurseRegistry.



from NurseRegistry https://ift.tt/NCMKoAk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Difference Between a Nurse and a Caregiver?

How to Handle Grief After Losing a Patient

What is Per Diem Nursing?